SAVE THE DATE
CALIFORNIA STATE SENATE
SELECT COMMITTEE OF MENTAL HEALTH
UPCOMING INFORMATIONAL HEARING
REDUCING CALIFORNIA’S PRISON POPULATION & RECIDIVISM RATE
Friday, May 31st
11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
White Memorial Medical Center, Cafeteria Conference Rm.
1720 East Cesar E Chavez Avenue, Los Angeles
To view the hearing on-line visit: http://sd15.senate.ca.gov/live
Join Senators Jim Beall and Kevin de León for an informational hearing of the Senate Select Committee on Mental Health in Los Angeles. The committee will discuss a plan of action to reduce California's prison population and recidivism rate.
Speakers will examine how increasing parolees' and at-risk populations' access to mental health and substance use treatment will result in lower incarceration rates and save taxpayers millions of dollars.
Among those scheduled to testify are:
- Danny Trejo, Actor, Director of Western Pacific Rehab
- Sheriff Lee Baca, Los Angeles County
- Dr. Richard Rawson, Associate Director of UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs
- Dr. Luis Garcia, Vice President of Latino Program Development Pacific Clinics
- Sharon Aungst of Partnership for Community Excellence
- Ross Peterson of Telecare Corporation
To RSVP Click here
For easiest access to parking and the hearing conference room enter the Medical Center off Cesar E. Chavez Avenue and drive toward the Main Lobby. Directional signs will be posted.
Paid parking available only.
Agenda Item 4
Agenda Item 5
Agenda Item 7
Agenda Item 7b
Agenda Item 7c
Agenda Item 7d
Agenda Item 7e
Agenda Item 7f
Agenda Item 7g
Agenda Item 8