LIVE stream - Informational Hearing: Reducing CA's Prison Population & Recidivism Rate, May 31st
VIDEO ARCHIVE WILL BE POSTED SHORTLY
CALIFORNIA STATE SENATE SELECT COMMITTEE OF MENTAL HEALTH
INFORMATIONAL HEARING - REDUCING CALIFORNIA’S PRISON POPULATION & RECIDIVISM RATE
A LIVE stream of this hearing will be shown on this webpage on Friday, May 31st from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m
Senators Jim Beall and Kevin de León will host an informational hearing of the Senate Select Committee on Mental Health in Los Angeles. The committee will discuss a plan of action to reduce California's prison population and recidivism rate.
Speakers will examine how increasing parolees' and at-risk populations' access to mental health and substance use treatment will result in lower incarceration rates and save taxpayers millions of dollars.
Among those scheduled to testify are:
- Danny Trejo, Actor, Director of Western Pacific Rehab
- Sheriff Lee Baca, Los Angeles County
- Dr. Richard Rawson, Associate Director of UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs
- Dr. Luis Garcia, Vice President of Latino Program Development Pacific Clinics
- Sharon Aungst of Partnership for Community Excellence
- Ross Peterson of Telecare Corporation