Essential Safety Information for Public Safety Power Shutoff
Pacific Gas and Electric Company has now confirmed they will shut off power to more than 800,000 customers in Northern and Central California as early as midnight tonight (Oct 8th). Santa Clara County may experience more than 38,000 outages, Santa Cruz County more than 32,000 and Stanislaus County just over 1,000.
Please update your contact information with PG&E as soon as possible so that you receive all alerts before, during and after the outage. To enroll in alerts call 1-877-9000-PGE. Alerts will be delivered via automated call. To sign up for text alerts, text "ENROLL" to 97633.
As always you can contact my district office at (408) 558-1295 for more information but please prepare by doing the following now:
- - Have an emergency supply kit with food and water.
- - Fully charge all cell phones and fully charge any back up charging supplies.
- - Store water and non-perishable foods.
- - Keep a full gas tank. Remember that gas stations will be without power as well.
- - Get as much cash as you will need. Remember that ATMs and banks will be without power.
- - Know how to manually open your garage.
- - Share your emergency plan with neighbors and family.
- - If you have medical needs that require a fully charged battery or available power supply, you will need to make a relocation plan to a friend or family members home outside of the outage area.