Join Us For Picnic By The Lake: A Multicultural Festival And Resource Fair!
SAT, SEP 30 2023, 10AM - 3PM
You’re invited to join California State Senator Dave Cortese at his inaugural Picnic by the Lake Multicultural Festival and Resource Fair on Saturday, September 30th, 2023 from 10 AM to 3 PM at Hellyer County Park located at 985 Hellyer Ave. in San Jose, CA.
Picnic by the Lake is being held in partnership with the County of Santa Clara Parks and Recreation Department and the Rotary Club of San Jose East/Evergreen. The Multicultural Festival and Resource Fair is an all-free event open to the public which will feature:
- A kid’s zone with inflatables, face painting, and bubbles!
- A rock climbing wall
- Raffle prizes
- 100+ resource booths
- COVID-19 vaccines and flu shots
- Multicultural performances from local community groups
- Free beef and veggie burgers while supplies last
- Pumpkin patch with free pumpkins while supplies last
Free parking will be made available at Hellyer County Park on the Cottonwood entrance side as well as at the Family Life Christian Center, G.W. Hellyer Elementary, Voices College-Bound Language Academy, and Christopher Elementary School. There will be free shuttle services providing parked guests rides to and from these free parking sites to the park.
ABOUT HELLYER COUNTY PARK
Hellyer County Park offers 178 acres of urban land and is located in the heart of Santa Clara County's regional park system. The Coyote Creek, which meanders through the center of the park, is the focus of the park's natural environment. A thick undergrowth and tall trees characterize the well-defined creek channel which is home to many different species of wildlife.
- VOLUNTEER! It takes people-power to put on a successful event such as Picnic by the Lake. We need volunteers to assist with set-up, during, and clean-up of the event. Consider volunteering by contacting Mario B. Lopez via email at Mario.email@example.com.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Rotary Club of San Jose East/Evergreen
Santa Clara County Parks
San Jose Water
California Nurses Association
Silicon Valley Community Foundation
Nob Hill Foods
Silicon Valley Clean Energy
Santa Clara and San Benito Counties Building Trades Council
County Employee Management Association
Excite Credit Union
Office of Santa Clara County Supervisor Cindy Chavez
SMW Local 104
Nor Cal Carpenters Union
ATU Local 265
Teamsters Local 350